Location: South West
Expires: 03/06/2022 23:59
Please note this role offers the flexibility to work from home and our office in Kemble, near Cirencester.
Your new Adventure?
Yonderland is a leading omnichannel outdoor retailer in Europe with the labels AS Adventure and Juttu in Belgium, Bever in the Netherlands and Cotswold, Snow+Rock and Runnersneed in the UK.
Yonderland has a central IT team that supports three business units in multiple countries.
Due to the continuous growth of the Yonderland group we are looking to scale up our data efforts with an additional SQL Developer position.
What you'll do:
- As a SQL developer you maintain the operational databases and data flows. You are reporting into the SQL Development team lead and Group SQL/BI manager.
- Together with the SQL development team you are fully responsible for the operational Customer Database (performance, business logic, data architecture).
- You maintain the various stored procedures used to sync data from our ERP to the websites.
- Together with the business analysts and our Java development team you work on the store back-end application. You act both as a SQL developer, and technical analyst to ensure the data flows and business logic are implemented correctly.
- To do this, you have a thorough understanding of our business processes.
- Together with the team and with the advice of our part-time DBA, you perform DBA tasks on all our SQL databases (OLTP and OLAP).
- You also provide 3rd line support to the business and the internal IT team for the operational systems
What's in your backpack:
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You have relevant experience.
- You can write SQL like no other and have experience with relational databases.
- You have experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with development tools such as Jira, Git, Confluence is a plus.
- You can communicate fluently in English – Dutch is a plus.
- You take initiative and ask questions if necessary, to find a quick solution.
- You’re a team player and create a positive note.
- On the other side you also take initiative, have a strong analytical mind and are pro-active.
What you get from us:
- Yonderland gives you the opportunity to work at an innovative market leader, internationally active with head office in Hoboken (Antwerp) and other offices in The Netherlands and the UK.
- The IT organization is a driving force to support the strong growth and you will help shape it
- A competitive salary package
- Adventurous colleagues, a nice office space