Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join our Manchester - Deansgate team as our new Retail Sales Assistant! Outdoor and Cycle Concepts is made up of the well-known high street brands Cotswold Outdoors, Snow + Rock and Runners Need, and together we dedicate our time to encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors sustainably.
As a business we are uniquely positioned, supported by world leading brands, to encourage everybody to get outside. We’ve already supported millions of customers to take advantage of their new love for the outdoors during lockdown and we’re there to support the nation with staycation UK. As you can tell we have big ambitions for the future and our people play a big role in achieving those ambitions.
You will become part of our outdoor family - we invest in our talent and will help you conquer your goals.
Applications from all genders and backgrounds are encouraged.
O&CC aims to be an inclusive employer, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background leads to a better organisation for our employees and customers, creating a learning environment and organisational culture that leverage diversity, allowing us all to flourish and keep our business growing.
Be bold. Be brave. Join us!
Please note this role is 40 hours per week.
- Welcoming customers into the store, starting their customer experience with a smile
- Gaining an understanding of each customer’s specific needs and wants through conversation and engagement
- Working passionately as the face of O&CC, taking pride in your store and working with your team to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Developing and maintaining good product knowledge, utilising our store experts and training facilities to learn more about the products we sell
- Maintaining excellent shop and stockroom standards
- Hosting our Deansgate run club, making running accessible for all different abilities
We want to make sure that you have everything you need to be successful in this role. In general this means we would like you to have;
- Good communication skills with a passion for providing excellent customer service
- Previous experience working in a retail environment and as part of a team
- A passion for the outdoors, particularly running and fitness
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving our colleagues a package that is more than just base salary. So here is our chance to show you what we offer:
- Rate of pay: £7.23 - £8.92 per hour
- Staff discount which provides discounts of about 40-50%
- Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Bonus scheme which rewards company and personal performance
- Opportunity to take on an apprenticeship
- Discounts with our partners such as the National Trust
- Cycle to Work scheme
Here at Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they escape outside. Are you ready to join our team and inspire the nation?
This advert may close early if sufficient applications are received.