Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join our People team as our new People Advisor! Outdoor and Cycle Concepts is made up of the well-known high street brands Snow + Rock, Cotswold Outdoor and Runners Need, and together we dedicate our time to encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors sustainably.
You might think that retail is a tough industry and you’re right! But we’re uniquely positioned, supported by world leading brands, to encourage everybody to get outside. We’ve already supported millions of customers to take advantage of their new love for the outdoors during lockdown and we’re there to support the nation with staycation UK. As you can tell we have big ambitions for the future and our people play a big role in achieving those ambitions.
We won’t see you as a number, we will see you as part of our outdoor family. We invest in our talent and will help you conquer your goals.
Be bold. Be brave. Join us!
Please note this is a 40 hours per week contract for a fixed term of 12 months. This is a home based role but occasional travel to our Kemble office will be required.
- Acting as the first point of contact for People related queries, providing general advice on areas such as absence and performance management, family leave and pay, flexible working, contracts, grievances and disciplinary processes
- Leading the Company’s Mental Health First Aider programme, setting the project’s objectives, providing support to the MHFAs and coordinating the response service to employees
- Managing the People Administrator
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of People systems and practices, including leading on workflow reviews and maximising the use of the HR information system to drive efficiency
- Overseeing the administration of the starter, leaver and changes process ensuring all related documentation including employment contracts and systems are completed accurately and on time.
- Liaising with colleagues in Recruitment, Learning & Development and Payroll to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new starters and job changes.
- Ensuring all documents are generated accurately in line with guidance from the People Partners.
- Overseeing the management of all employee files, paperwork and data, ensuring correct storage and GDPR compliance including file archiving and data cleansing of paper and digital files.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced HR administration/advisor role with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong IT, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- Ability to design and implement clear processes
- Knowledge of employment legislation
We live our values and love to help people enjoy the outdoors so all our colleagues benefit from a generous staff discount scheme, up to 33 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell additional days) and company partnerships with loads of amazing brands including The National Trust, The Ramblers and many more!
Here at Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they escape outside. Are you ready to join our team and inspire the nation?
This advert may close early if sufficient applications are received.